Bongs are popular among cannabis users for their ability to provide a smooth and potent smoking experience. The water filtration helps to cool the smoke and remove some of the harshness, resulting in a more enjoyable smoking session for many users.
This type of water pipe used for smoking cannabis, tobacco, or other herbal substances. It consists of a vertical tube or cylinder that is typically made of glass, but can also be constructed from other materials like acrylic, silicone, ceramic, or metal. Bongs vary widely in size, shape, and design, but they generally include the following components:
- Bowl: This is the part of the bong where the cannabis or other substance is placed for smoking. It is typically located at the top of the bong and has a hole at the bottom for airflow.
- Downstem: The downstem is a tube that extends downward from the bowl into the main chamber of the bong. It acts as a pathway for smoke to travel from the bowl into the water in the chamber.
- Water chamber: The main body of the bong, usually filled with water, where smoke is filtered and cooled as it passes through. The water helps to remove some of the harshness from the smoke and provides a smoother smoking experience.
- Carb/carburetor: Some bongs have a carb or carburetor, which is a small hole typically located near the base of the bong. The carb is covered while inhaling from the bong and then released to allow fresh air to enter the chamber, clearing the smoke.
- Mouthpiece: The opening at the top of the bong where the user places their mouth to inhale the smoke.